Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2 days of purple

I am so excitedly exhausted! I am now into the third week of student teaching which means I am still observing and slowly taking over 5th period. This past week the students and I have been building our relationships. I have been getting to know them and they have been getting to know me. Therefore they now have more confidence in asking me questions. Sometimes these questions can be really personal, but for the most part they are just hilarious.

Monday my cooperating teacher got sick so I had to take over the entire day of teaching! It was quite an experience and I fully enjoyed every moment. I think the adrenaline took over for the most part! My first hour was really quite so we started talking about the weekend and allowing them to ask me questions to get know me better. So one girl, who reminds me of Sarah Piersky, sheepishly raised her hand and asked, "Why did you want to be a teacher?" To which I replied cause I wanted to hang out with cool kids and help students learn there might be better ways to live. " Without missing a beat this young girl looked up at me with bewilderment in her eyes and said, "Ms. you know that you have to get up early to be a teacher? Why would you do that to yourself?" This is a great question.... AND my answer is..... I DON'T KNOW!!!

Not only do the students question my career choice but they question.... MY FASHION! Today one of the "popular" girls beckoned me over to her and her little groupies. She quickly asked me "Why did you wear purple two days in a row. I mean you look really good today but..." Heck whats wrong with purple? What did I take from this?....A 7th grade girl thinks that I look good! YES VICTORY IS MINE!

No comments: