Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Text message hypothesis

Another week in to Student Teaching and still I am learning SO much everyday. Kiddos are still wanting to test me every single day. I didn't know that teaching was going to be just telling kids how to behave or what they can and can not do. Here is a list of my most common quotes over the last few weeks:
  • "sit still"
  • "turn around"
  • "no, you may not go to the bathroom"
  • "do you need a pencil?"
  • "where is your book?"
  • "Please keep your hands to yourself"
  • "where is your homework"
  • "why is your agenda in your locker?"
  • AND.. "No we are not going to have any fun today!"

However, I do have some bright parts to my day and still some quite funny stories. For example, I also grade papers. Yes bright part! Just kidding! No, but it can be funny to try to depict some of their writing due to spelling and capitalization errors. My favorite is when I tell kids they need to capitalize proper nouns such as America. Kids change: america to america. Well I think its humorous.

The next story I regret to tell you I didn't observe with my own eyes. However I am coaching volleyball and many of my girls are in my mother's science class. So this story is about on of my girls observed my my mother. One day my mom was doing a lab and was using scales. One of my volleyball girls places her cell phone on the scale to see how much it weighed. During the cell phone's stay on the scale the girl received a text message. She quickly said, "Oh I wonder if it weighs more with a new text message." Well it was a great hypothesis! I thought you technology gurus would like that story.

No comments: